You are here
Business Administration Department was established in 1423H along with Alkharj Community College. It is considered as one of the central departments of the college due to the diversity of programs it includes, as well as to the number of students and majors. It also contains highly qualified faculty members who try to implement the university, the college and the department strategic goals.
The department’s programs and plans are always subjected to continuous development in order to keep abreast with academic and scientific development on the one hand and to provide students with necessary and appropriate knowledge and skills required in the labor market on the other hand.
To be a center of distinction, excellence and community partnership in all fields of business administration with great benefits to the local community.
Business Administration Department aims at preparing highly competitive and qualified graduates in the fields of accounting, marketing and secretary and office management in order to succeed in both public and private sectors. This is best accomplished through providing students with education that meets international standards of quality within an academic environment based on distinctive human resources, effective community partnership and supportive administrative system.
• To graduate highly qualified students in administrative fields, specifically accounting, marketing and secretary and office management.
• To concentrate on the diversity of learning resources and develop information technology utilized in education, teaching and scientific research.
• To develop academic courses and programs that fulfill the needs of labor market.
• To build up solid and dynamic relations with the local community represented by both public and private corporations, institutions and industries.
• To develop an appropriate academic environment which encourages innovation and excellence.
• To enhance guidance plans in order to raise academic awareness.
• To create a knowledge-based organizational culture that enables creativity and responsibility.
The department programs:
• The department offers an associate degree in three different fields which are accounting, secretary and office management and marketing. Over the course of five academic semesters, students are exposed to theoretical and practical skills in order to enhance their competencies in accounting, marketing, strategic management, secretary and office management, human resource management and so on.
• All programs have the accreditation from Ministry of Civil Service and from COE. Graduates are classified under rank five-class two and have the opportunity to attain different jobs in various public and private firms.
Based on their major, associate degree (rank five-class two) holders can apply for the following positions:
• Accounting: Chief accountant – Commercial accountant – Customer relation assistant – Assistant accountant – Accounting manager – Budget manager – Treasury manager – Auditor…
• Secretary and office management: Secretary, Office manager, Office editor, Assistant manager, Project and/or office coordinator…
• Marketing: Sales Representative and Sales Supervisor , Trade marketing manager, marketing & sale executive & Marketing supervisor, Marketing assistant, Marketing operation specialist…