You are here
Department of Business Administration
Academic Counseling Plan
To build a distinctive personality and keepthe knowledge of the students of the department up-to-date.
To enhance the educational values and develop students’ creative thinking skills in order to attain their optimal abilities and potentialsto build their future and develop their society.
- Strengthening and promoting the notion of academic advising among students and provide an access to the students who need it, even they did not request.
- Identifying and arranging academic advisingprograms that suit students’disciplinesto enhance their academic achievement and to address and find effective solutions for their social problems.
- providing the appropriate climate to make the best use of the faculty expertiseoutside the classroom.
- Directing and supporting the talented students to show their abilitiesthrough appropriate advice and the various activities provided by student affairs.
- Building positive a relationship between the students and the counselors.
• Implementation mechanism:
- scheduleregularstudents visits to the advisor to discuss with them individually the problems and difficulties they encounter.
- Contact students via emails or phone whenever it is possible to discuss all the difficulties that face them in their studies.
- Involve students in seminars and workshops held by the College / university whenever possible in order to interact personally and socially;and integrate into the academic environment of university life.
- Involve students in various activities in the college according to their preferences and skills.
- Academic Dimension:
It includes both students and academic advisors in order to support students educational progress and introduce the college regulations that concern the student, including:
- regulations of course deletion, addition.
- rules regulate absence and the deprivation system.
- Rules that regulate apology for a course or semester.
- How to calculate average in each term and accumulative average.
- Facilitate access to the Edugatewhich contains all information about the courses.
- regular meetings between students and the academic advisor.
- Coordination between the academic advisor and faculty to provide the required courses for the e-learning portfolios.
- Social dimension:
It aims to strengthen the relationship between the faculty and students which build a bridge for continuous and effective communication by taking care of the following aspects:
- Developmental aspect: It is the search for and discovery of the students’ potentialin orderdevote and benefit from them and employ them in their educational activities and the benefit of their community.
- The preventive aspect: Itstudies and treats of the social, psychological, educational, professional and health conditions that negatively affect the students.It also aims to raise student’s awareness and enlights him/ her about the effects and results in order to get rid of the causes and train the students develop their own opinions to avoid the negative practices.
- Therapeutic aspect: It helps the student to overcome their psychological problemsto continue the educational process.
• Implementation mechanism:
- Identify students who have academic and social problems that hinder their academic progress.
- Know the cases thatrequirea special care from the academic advisor.
- Follow up the absence ofstudents in coordination with faculty.
- Follow up the educationalprogress of the student in coordination with faculty.
- Supporting the outstanding students by engaging them in research and projects in coordination with faculty.
Notifying students of the plan:
The academic advice committee takes the initiative actions to inform students about the academic advice plans as follows:
- Provide the faculty of the department with the plan and the executive forms.
- upload the academic guide on the college website.
- Prepare the academic guide and distribute it to the students at the beginning of the semester
- Executive forms:
- Minutes of an individual meeting of a student with the academic advisor.
- Minutes of a group students meeting with the academic advisor.
- Academic advisor's recommendation form.
- Sample record of students who have been advised and assisted.
Academic CounselingProgram (Per semester)
Tasks and activities
Hold a welcome meeting with the new students to acquaintance them with the college and the university and inform them with the tasks of the academic advisor
•A Meeting of new students with the Dean, the Vice Deans and the Head of the Department.
• Deleting and adding courses
Hold a meeting with the faculty to coordinate the performance of the academic advice unit and the preparation of the educational portfolios.
- provide a list of students and their cases in terms of being incompetent or outstanding and inform the faculty concerned
- list the creative students’ activities and their tendency to start joining the various activities in college.
Psychological preparation and problem solving for the first mid-term tests.
List the students whose attendance did not exceed 50% of the classes and contact them or their families to inform them of their situation and whether it is possible to assist them.
- Meeting of the faculty to find out the situation of the students who stumbled academicallyand what has been done towards them and the its impact on their study; and how they could amend their academicprogress. The meeting also discusses theoutstanding students and how to motivate them, in addition to the result of the mid-term test and cases require a special care.
List the students whose attendance did not exceed 25% of the classes and contact them or their families to inform them of their situation and to find out why.
- Instruct the students how to deal with finaltests anxiety and the ways to overcome it.
Make a survey to know students’ impressions of the academic advancing activities in the department.
the academic advisor makes a report of on the activities of academic advice unit during the semester and submitted to the head of the department